Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cupcakes! - Third Edition

Yeah, I've been on a little bit of a cupcake jag recently. First the birthday cupcakes:














Then the second batch of birthday cupcakes (dark chocolate fudge with cream cheese frosting and mini choco-chips on top) which I did not bother photographing since I was so disappointed:














And now the batch I made with my brother while he was visiting:














White cake with whipped strawberry frosting.

... Okay, so I can't cook from scratch yet. But I'm getting there! Next week I'm making coconut macaroons, for which I found an easy recipe in a dusty cookbook someone gave me five years ago. Or a lemon meringue torte. Whichever is easier. In addition to being an adventure into beginner baking, this is a strengthening of my self-control. If I can't make it in under five minutes, I usually don't eat it, so this is a double challenge.

1 comment: