Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm kinda annoyed with Xanga lately, as you may be able to tell.

I was really excited about this year's MXA, because last year was so much fun. Even though I had a feeling I wasn't going to like it this year, stupid me signed up. And then I hear about a bikini round as the introduction. Are you fucking kidding me? I just had twins five months ago. Secondly, it's supposed to be about blogging, not my looks. Whatever anyone else says to the contrary, such as "The real world will always focus on Angelina Jolie instead of Maya Angelou", my point is that we have the opportunity to make it about more than how the contestants look, and now it's probably ruined for good by one person who chose to turn it into a goddamn beauty pageant.

Like I have now said several times, if I had felt like this last year, I would not have joined. However, it's clear this year that the focus has been moved away from writing. Dispute it all you want, but making a provocative photo round the first one is a pretty obvious statement.

I hope someone wins this year who isn't a bitch or a shitty writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment